Compensation Analyst (Calgary) (34392) Calgary, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
This position provides analytical support to the Compensation department. This primary focus of this role is supporting the development of market competitive compensation plans. This role will also participate in the design of new compensation programs.
- Gathers, validates, analyzes and organizes information related to compensation issues as directed.
- Refine conclusions and recommendations based on market findings for presentation to the compensation team.
- Provide day-to-day analytical business support to the compensation team as required.
- Participates in enterprise wide design projects for the design of new policies, programs and procedures.
- Provides support for the online compensation planning tool (e-compensation) system set-up, training and annual program administration.
- Conduct ad-hoc research and analysis on compensation issues, policies and practices.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and communication of the annual performance and compensation review process (including the set-up and configuration of the annual salary planning and administration tool).
- Keep informed of trends and developments in compensation and competitive landscape.
- Supports communication and education of HR Managers and Advisors related to compensation programs.
- Creates, publishes and maintains compensation plan documents and administration support documentation.
- Maintains compliance with all legal requirements of various pay programs.
- Performs ad-hoc analyses at multiple levels of complexity which may include calculations of cost analysis, financial and performance comparisons related to total compensation.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field
- 2 - 4 years of related business experience
- Progress towards a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation would be considered an asset
- Strong analytical skills and experience
- Attention to detail
- Results oriented
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and competing priorities
- Organized and logical approach to tasks
- Strong excel knowledge and experience
- Positive attitude and the ability to interact and perform successfully within a team environment
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.