Shipper Receiver I (Calgary) (33873) Calgary, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
This position requires the employee to be responsible for core, fluid, and cylinder inventory for Weatherford Laboratories Calgary, involving many shipping and receiving duties as they apply. This employee will report directly to the Shipping and Receiving Group Lead who will report directly to the Primary Core Analysis Manager.
DUTIES: The primary responsibility is to track all core, fluid, and cylinder samples to, from, and within Weatherford Laboratories Calgary.
- Confirm that what is being shipped matches the requirements.
- Package the items to ensure there is no damage during transportation.
- Include a detailed packing slip with each shipment and retain a copy for our records.
- Waybills and electronic documents will be filled out with all pertinent information recorded and copies kept for tracking and traceability.
- Work closely with the shop personnel and the project Manager to ensure shipments are ready when required.
- All parts and equipment arriving at our facility will have a packing slip which includes the PO Number.
- Check the packing slip and confirm the piece count and look for any visible damage.
- Verify the information with the purchase order.
- Check off each item to ensure the information matches the PO.
- Date stamp and sign both the packing slip and the purchase order..
- Finished documents are placed in the appropriate folder.
- Reading and understanding programs and questioning when unsure of procedures prior to starting the project as well as during the task
- Performing tasks in an efficient manner keeping an eye on stock and letting the appropriate people know when the lab is running out of important lab consumables in order to ensure we do not run out of these products
- Respecting the equipment which we use and the knowledge / experience of the other technologist/technicians in the laboratory
- Reading about and adhering to company policies which are applicable to laboratory staff
- Maintaining safe work habits and keeping abreast of new safety policies through meetings or postings on the safety board
- Perform any task or operation that is asked of you by either a Team lead or Supervisor/Manager that is not mentioned on the above duties.
- QC all work completed by others.
- Use the Coretrac Sample Tracking and Documentation Software to accomplish the above
- Use the IMS Inventory barcode system to accomplish the above.
- 3 – 5 years experience in Shipping & Receiving
- Knowledge & Experience working in an computer inventory system
- Able to regularly lift 55lbs
- Competent in forklift operations
- Neat, Organized and Accurate
- Average to Strong computer skills. The ability to work with Microsoft Excel.
- Good people skills
- Valid drivers license and a clean drivers abstract
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.