Administrative Assistant (34586) British Columbia, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Perform clerical and administrative functions in accordance with Weatherford’s policies and procedures ranging from general office tasks to acting as a Specialist in certain areas of administration. Duties include, but are not limited to: switchboard duties, customer billing and invoicing, accounts payable, SAP entry, timesheets, processing new hire documentation and monthly reporting.
- Schedules appointments and gives information to callers.
- Answer telephone, responds to requests, delivers messages, and runs errands.
- Process timesheets for submission to Payroll.
- Post bulletins and memorandums.
- Assist with the billing process for the district. May also assist with accounts payable and invoices.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as needed.
- Compile, copies, sorts, and files records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Compose and types letters and other correspondence, using a computer.
- Order materials, supplies, and services, and completes records and reports.
- Stuff envelopes and addresses, stamps, sorts, and distributes mail, packages, and other materials.
- Perform any additional day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Know, understand, and comply with Weatherford's Policies & Procedures and safety regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 1-2 years of general clerical and administrative experience
- Proficient typing skills
- General computer knowledge – Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions
- Should be able to work and interact with all levels of personnel
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with SAP or other accounting software an asset
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.