IT Lead, SAP Production Planning (40) (50490795) Wilson, North Carolina
The IT Lead, SAP Production Planning is a member of the SAP projects Solution Design Review Core team and the IT Leadership team specializing in the direction and management of Demand Planning and Scheduling Systems functionality within SAP. This individual contributes to the overall functioning of the SAP Center of Excellence team and works to determine, direct, and accomplish team goals and objectives. In addition, this individual develops and maintains an ongoing dialogue and partnership with the business leadership of Supply Chain Demand Planning and Scheduling Planning in order to determine business needs and prioritization with respect to IT execution and deliverables. The position is responsible for mapping processes and requirements to SAP Application modules, with primary responsibility for the SAP ECC, PP, and APO modules. Knowledgeable in SAP ECC Demand Planning, Forecasting, MRP, make to order, make to stock. Understands and applies SAP APO PPDS (Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling, SNP (Supplier Network Planning), heuristics, set-up matrices and other planning resource and capacity concepts and their practical applications. Responsible for the ongoing development of SAP functionality and its integration within the Company's SAP applications and programs as well as peripheral software applications related to the SAP application. Responsible for bringing together the necessary resources both inside and outside Purdue that will allow system implementation on time, on quality, and on budget.the teams.
Principle accountabilities include providing Technology Solutions to advance the Business. This group also sets technical priorities, standards and procedures and provides expertise in the area of computer technology, business processes, application development, project quality, systems validation and training in support of SAP.
• Advise and mentor stakeholders in the use of SAP ECC, PP, and APO modules to execute planning
• Translate business application requirements into SAP technical design, development and execution
• Lead multi-functional project teams as necessary to deliver application requirements
• Communicate and coordinate activities with other functional and technical areas
• Liaise and address issues as they arise within user community.
• Communicate effectively to all levels within the organization.
• Create formal work plans with timelines/milestones (obtain approval and sign-off).
• Identify/assess/communicate risks planning and developing contingencies.
• Ensure all team members are aware of their specific project team responsibilities.
• Assess extended team skills; assure that all technical, functional, problem solving, decision-making, interpersonal, and teamwork skills required by project reside within team.
BS/MS/Equivalent Training/Certification and 8+ years ofexperience with SAP applications in a demand planning and production scheduling capacity.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
Knowledgeable in SAP ECC Demand Planning, Forecasting, MRP, make to order, make to stock. Understands and applies SAP APO PPDS (Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling, SNP (Supplier Network Planning), heuristics, set-up matrices and other planning and capacity concepts and their practical applications. Provides functional guidance to peers within and outside the department. Recognizes others' need for development and collaborates with individuals to create a development plan. Implements a talent management process within own area of responsibility. Demonstrates strong grasp of operational and planning best practices and business process.