Paralegal II / Docket Assistant (50543290) Stamford, Connecticut
Reporting to the Chief Patent Counsel, the incumbent will work closely with and receive day to day direction from the Sr. Docket Paralegal assisting in the management of all docket records for a global pharmaceutical IP portfolio, including patents, trademarks and licenses. Responsibilities will include: (i) preparing formalities, docketing filings and reports for new and continuing patent applications, prosecution documents, assignments and related correspondence; (ii) helping achieve an automated IP department through recently implemented IP technology and standardized procedures; (iii) assisting with management of 3rd party monitoring and license agreements; (iv) responding to communications from in-house and outside counsel (US and foreign); and (v) assisting in payment of IP annuities. Incumbent will meet regularly with Senior Docket Paralegal to review the direction and scope of work efforts.
- Assist in processing and managing incoming/outgoing communications in connection with the company's IP portfolio.
- Assist in uploading and properly directing all IP documentation within the IP docketing management system.
- Support in-house patent functions by assisting in the preparation of required formality paperwork for all U.S. filings.
- Assist in maintaining the global IP portfolio by attending to maintenance and annuity fee payments.
- Assist in generating timely IP portfolio reports as requested.
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned.
Bachelors degree & a 3-month Paralegal Certificate (excluding online certifications) is required.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
Ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience as an IP paralegal with an emphasis on docketing for patent prosecution (US and foreign). Candidates will preferentially be considered who have experience in patent docketing for a pharmaceutical company. Familiarity with current IP docketing software programs is a plus. Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment. Organization and attention to detail, with low error rate, are essential qualifications. Candidate should also be proficient in Microsoft Office.