Sr. Customer Segment Manager (50469524) Stamford, Connecticut
To advance the development and implementation of market segment/customer-focused plans, objectives, strategic initiatives, programs, tactics, forecasts, and budget activities related to assigned customer segments or accounts. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the development and completion of tactics, administration of selected projects, and identifying risks to brand objectives and developing contingency plans.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: This is a highly visible and high profile position that will have many responsibilities, which include: channel reimbursement strategies for Medicare Part D and Long Term Care. Creation of market access strategies, value proposition development, contracting strategy, pull-through messaging, account segmentation, payer launch planning, and the creation of tools and resources to help support our managed care field team. Additional Responsibilities:
1.Maintain and communicate a thorough understanding of the different market segments/payers (i.e. Commercial, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, Long Term Care, etc) in the marketplace and
conditions/trends that may have an impact on the operating environment (current and future) and the performance of the pharmaceutical industry and Purdue Pharma.
2. In collaboration with the market research and sales data teams, access and apply high value market research and data resources that support market and customer analyses, including the identification of major customers within markets, the return for contracting investment, and the impact of relationship support materials.
3. Develop operating plans for key, high priority customers that reflect strategies and tactics that support achievement of account-specific revenue and income goals and that align program initiatives to customer needs.
4. Develop formulary pieces/regional non-branded programs (customized to account/state) that promote favorable formulary/Preferred Drug List positions. Develop Pull through strategies and track results by region/district, and territory.
5. In tandem with Account Executive, meet with customer(s) to assess customer needs, to review Purdue performance via customer, and to advance relationship development and collaboration.
6.Working with Brand Management, Account Management, Healthcare Education and Liaison Programs, and Alliance Development, advance the development and dissemination of tools and programs that strengthen Purdue's reputation as a leader in pain management and support continuous improvement of disease management.
7. Develop and communicate Quarterly Action Plans for field personnel. In concert with Managed Care Training, create training content and tools to support field personnel adoption and use of materials and programs.
8. As appropriate, manage vendors to support creation of programs and materials as well as the Purdue process to obtain internal review and approval.
Minimum education requirements include a BS/BA degree.
Master's degree is preferred.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
This position requires someone with a background or training necessary to better position Purdue and its brands in high priority customer segments and with key customers; prior pharmaceutical/ biotech or managed care consulting experience is necessary. Typically obtained through 5 to 7+ years of direct work experience.
Strong understanding of the Medicare Market, Long Term Care and the impact of Healthcare Reform
Prior experience in payer marketing/ market strategies/market access role is a plus
Communication is an integral part of the position. The position requires effective communication with various departments inside and outside of the organization. The communications are varied, from the simple to the highly complex, and technical situations require a high level of knowledge, experience, and expertise.
This person must have excellent writing, presentation, organizational and interpersonal communications skills to effectively communicate with multiple functional groups to develop and implement business plans.
Must effectively prioritize, coordinate, and implement multiple tasks and responsibilities.
The Managed Care environment is extremely complex and problem solving skills coupled with critical thinking are a necessity. The position is a highly creative one that requires an innovative nature to develop strategies, plans of action and tangible materials in a timely manner.
Must possess strong leadership abilities to effectively drive performance in a demanding environment.
This person should be proficient in Microsoft excel, PowerPoint and word.