Coordinator II, Marketing Education & Conventions (50551838) Stamford, Connecticut
The incumbent will coordinate promotional activities at medical convention (exhibits and product theaters). This position interacts daily with the sales field force, brand management, interdepartmental company management, associations, and vendors.
This position is fast paced and in a time sensitive/deadline driven environment. The incumbent must be able to perform their work in a timely, accurate, and organized manner. This position also requires the incumbent to be able to handle multiple tasks while prioritizing their workload. Good communication and interpersonal skills, and work as a collaborative team member, are also essential.
The coordinator responsibilities include:
1. Convention & Product Theater Activities - Coordinates, processes, communicates, executes and reports the details and logistics for convention and product theater activities. Liaison with associations, brand management, interdepartmental colleagues, and agencies.
- Processes paperwork, communicates with internal colleagues and external stakeholders, manages workflow, tracks and follow up on activities (including, but not limited to, promotional invitations, posters, and material packets), performing meeting planning tasks (i.e. communication with venues, food, beverage and a/v arrangements, etc.) within company compliance guidelines.
- Plans, organizes, executes, and reports mailings.
- Reviews and processes convention and product theater leads.
- Compiles and assesses post event metrics.
- Develops, maintains, and tracks budgetary estimates and expenditures.
- Participates in vendor management and evaluates service level performance.
2. May be assigned other responsibilities and projects to assist the team and provide backup coverage.
4 year undergraduate degree or equivalent is required.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
Required Experience and Technical Experience:
- This position requires at least four years experiences in exhibit, convention /meeting planning related positions.
- Pharmaceutical experience is a plus.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, prioritization and time management skills are essential.
- Organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take direction and work as a team member in a collaborative environment
- Microsoft including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel 5-10% (including over nights and weekends) if needed