Mechanic (Frac) (28803) Williston, North Dakota
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
• Learn to maintain, diagnose, and repair a variety of equipment including: diesel/gasoline engines, transmissions, winches, high pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, sand conveyer systems, air compressors, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, mobile/overhead cranes, gin pole units, gear boxes, PTOs, generators, chemical metering systems, 12/24 volt electrical systems, equipment caps and controls, chassis and suspension, rims, tires, wheels, forklifts, electro-mechanical equipment, wellhead attachments and pressure equipment, and various other types of oil field related equipment.
• Execute required procedures for preventive maintenance.
• Perform inspections required by company and government entities.
• Perform basic troubleshooting with electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Install and/or replace new or reconditioned repair parts.
• Perform basic test of equipment for proper operation.
• Operate lifting devices.
• Perform basic cutting and welding procedures.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
• Complete paperwork as assigned.
• Assist other maintenance employees.
• Communicate details and directions in a clear and coherent manner.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Operational knowledge of Weatherford equipment and operating systems.
• Ability to read various types of drawings/schematics.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 1 year of technical training or equivalent.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Work flexible schedule, including long and/or irregular hours.
• Must have a telephone and the ability to be on 24 hour call.
• Valid Commercial Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one.
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Satisfactory driving records as defined in Driver Qualification Policy HRD-12.
• Some travel required.