Engineering Project Coordinator (30592) Big Spring, Ohio
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within and between departments. Responsible for project scheduling and job estimating that integrates/interfaces with engineering, procurement and testing
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the efforts of the functional departments, as required, to ensure that the projects are conducted in accordance with the requirements of specifications and budgets.
- Review and distribute production, work and shipment schedules, conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates
- Review and issue NCR reports.
- Advises management of the project status and problems (or potential problems) on a regular basis.
- Compile reports on progress of work, costs and production problems.
- Confers with project personnel to outline work plan and to assign duties and responsibilities.
- Requisition and maintain inventories of materials necessary to meet production demands.
- Works closely with project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Anticipates potential schedule or priority delays and initiates plans for alternative actions.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Generate work instructions for manufacturing
- Revise, markup, or recommend engineering drawings changes as needed from Value Analysis.
- Assist (liaison between R&D and manufacturing) in implementing new R&D manufacturing methods and designs.
- Perform various other duties assigned by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, ability to make group presentations.
- Advanced computer skills, ability to use Microsoft software (word, excel…etc) to develop detailed tasks and timelines.
- Organized and detailed oriented.
- Able to read/understand engineering drawings.
- Good hands on mechanical aptitude
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to collaborate with all function to achieve organizational objectives.
- Individual must be able to follow instructions.
- Ability to work closely with all levels of employees and management.
- Experienced with Composite manufacturing is a plus but not required.
- Drafting (engineering drawing revision/CAD) is a plus but not required.
Minimum 3 years working in a manufacturing environment.
Minium 3 years experience performing NCR work and production schedules.
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.