Associate Director, Data Integration (OMG422) New York, New York
Job Title: Associate Director, Data Integration
Reports To: Director, Data Integration
Location: New York, NY
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Data Group
In today’s highly competitive and consumer centric marketplace; employing technology, data and analytics to increase growth, revenue and ROI is a must to create differentiation and stay on top. Real-time actionables are instrumental in driving results within a highly fragmented marketplace. Annalect’s teams and solutions/tools are built on change and an eye to the future. Thus enabling a true partnership with clients where data, technology and analytics mean something to a client’s KPIs.
Working with numerous Fortune 50 clients from all brand categories, and drawing from the vast parent company resources of Omnicom, Annalect was formed in order to further cement our position and push the envelope within the data management, technology and analytics space. With an extensive global footprint and hubs in New York, London and Singapore, Annalect brings together a talented mix of over 450 right and left brain thinkers that are pioneers in technology, digital and research. They include data scientists who have consulted across the globe, user experience experts who have produced both consumer facing and highly technical trade interfaces, PhD mathematicians with decades of combined experience, search and display planner/buyers with their pulse on the marketplace and research gurus who help bring brands to life.
Annalect was created to foster a “maker community.” If a client has a problem and a solution doesn’t currently exist, Annalect will work to create it and add value to that client’s business. The Annalect offering is an end-to-end marketing technology solution that begins with data and ends in activation. There are several key players within each discipline that steward this process. The end result for clients is value.
The Associate Director, Data Integration will operate as Annalect’s subject matter expert (SME) on all aspects related to the integration, inclusive of data management platforms (DMP’s) and the translation of offline data to online data. As a SME, this position is responsible for serving as Annalect’s definitive source of knowledge surrounding data integration techniques spanning cookie synchronization, email, postal address, IP, etc.; cookie and cookie-like tracking, digital ad and site tag implementations, methods of cookie-synchronization, and DMP vendor capabilities. While much of this job focuses on DMP’s, its remit is broader than purely cookie-based data integration.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Maintain expert knowledge surrounding digital tag implementations, cookie and cookie-like tracking techniques, and methods of cookie-synchronization
- Define and lead data strategy tests in collaboration with Annalect product teams, as well as Accuen and Resolution Media activation teams
- Design data flows, processes, and RACIS to facilitate integration with data partners
- Support the development of standard data integration procedures across cookie-synchronization, email matching, postal address matching, IP matching, URL-parameters, and other data integration techniques
- Support authoring POV’s on data vendors and best practices surrounding data integration techniques, cookie data capture, integration, and management
- Ongoing analysis of Annalect’s data integration solution’s connectivity, quality, comprehensiveness, and depth
Business Relationship Management
- This position will be cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of parties including 3rd-party vendors, internal clients, and internal stakeholders across the organization including Product, Marketing, Platform Logistics (ad technology), Accuen, Resolution Media, Client Services, and Data Policy
- Operate as Annalect’s primary point of contact for key 3rd-party relationships surrounding Annalect’s data integration solutions
- Define, apply, and report on evaluative criteria for assessing and measuring the quality and value of DMP’s and 3rd-party data providers
- Assess new data opportunities to keep Annalect ahead of the market:
- Lead screening of data partners
- Develop POVs on data partners
- Define and manage pilots
- Work with Annalect Product and Engineering teams—and in some instances the client—to ensure that the data collection that drives marketing analytics and activation is executed according to requirements and on schedule
- Steward client-side implementation of DMP’s, including the defining business requirements and recommending technical approach for tagging and taxonomy
- Work with client stakeholders to steward tag implementation and data capture requirements
- Steward data integration projects through incubation, testing, documentation, implementation, and validation stages, at all points ensuring alignment against strategic and operational requirements
- Design, communicate, and enforce process for exploring, testing, and deploying data partnerships across Product, Accuen, and Resolution Media teams
- Specific experience on site retargeting, Demand-Side Platforms (DSPs), Sell-Side Platforms (SSPs), Data Management Platforms (DMPs), ad exchanges, and trading desks
- Experience with QA and browser and code testing
- Knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem including major media, creative, and data solutions vendors and how they interact with each other.
- Background in ad operations and ad technology, possessing working familiarity with the following platforms
- 3rd-Party Ad-Servers: DoubleClick (DFA), MediaMind, Etc.
- Web Analytics: Omniture, Google Analytics, Etc.
- A high degree of effective verbal and written articulation is required to effectively explain complex technical topics to both internal and external (including client) non-experts
- This position does not involve tremendous amounts of presenting, however the individual in this role must be articulate and comfortable speaking with diverse audiences, including senior leadership and clients, demonstrating the ability to translate technical subject matter into relatable business terminology and respond to unexpected questions on the spot
- This position must work collaboratively with a variety of internal functions, including Product, Marketing, Platform Logistics (ad technology), Accuen, Resolution Media, Client Services, and Data Policy
- Proven effectiveness in managing partner relationships
- Experience with process development and proven ability to decompose complex procedures into tactical steps
- Proven experience in fast-paced environment, possessing the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical mindset with knowledge and passion for media, data and technology
- Creative thinker that is willing to challenge the norm to improve product offerings
- Proactive individual with strong problem solving skills and an entrepreneurial spirit
- OMG is a matrixed organization so a collaborative individual is required
Education & Experience:
- This position reports into Annalect’s Director, Data Services
- 1-2 years’ experience in an ad operations, DSP, SSP, and/DMP capacity
- 6-7 years professional experience