Business Analyst (ANMW04) New York, New York
Job Title: Business Analyst
Job Category: Product Management
Department/ Group: Product & Marketing
Reports to: Global Director Product Management
Travel Required: Yes – +/- 30%
Annalect is searching for a Business Analyst (PBA) who will be responsible for supporting all the product managers with business requirements, technical specifications, customer and competitive research and the day-to-day product operations for all the Annalect products. The PBA will be responsible for gathering information and research and documenting market requirements for Annalect SaaS products and applications. The PBA will help ensure successful delivery and maintenance of SaaS products / application by representing the business through product definition, research, requirements gathering and translation of business requirements.
• Acquire and assess market problems identified through input from customers, non-customers, sales, support, competitors and other sources.
• Translate business requirements, reported product issues and enhancement requests into technical business requirements using standard tools and methodologies.
• Conduct ongoing customer and competitive research, customer usage and reporting analysis
• Perform customer analysis of feedback and analyze customer challenges, issues and pain points.
• Keep current on technology/information trends and seek ideas and best practices from other industries.
• Act as product data and functionality expert and understand how products work (features, functionality and pricing) in comparison with competitors.
• Under guidance of Product Directors and Managers, facilitate business requirements gathering and documentation to understand and communicate complex business challenges.
• Summarize and adequately describe customer reported product issues to more senior team members.
• Construct user scenarios and understand how they fit into an overall workflow.
• Understand the basic capabilities of web-based technologies and interact efficiently with technology team to ensure requirements are met.
• Participate in elaboration meetings with development and QA stakeholders and review development work in progress and support QA and UAT activities.
• Support a structured change control process by raising change requests and keeping project documentation current.
• Contribute to successful launch of product/releases and go-to-market plans.
• SaaS & Application industry experience is desirable
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience
• 4+ years experience working closely with a technology product (preferably as a business analyst and/or product analyst)
• 2+ years experience with and in SaaS products / applications
• Energetic self-starter with direct experience in the development of integrated SaaS solutions, and a proven ability to manage software business requirements through a structured software development process
• Excellent analytical skills and solution-oriented approach
• Demonstrated facilitation skills with the ability to gather meaningful data, resolve conflict and build consensus within all levels of the organization
• Excellent communication skills to interact effectively with customers, technologists, sales and marketing teams, co-workers and executives
• Experience with Agile development methodologies preferred
• Knowledge of global SaaS market and technology
• Patent and non-patent IP research market experience desired
• Domestic and international travel may be required
• Products and experience must be web and subscription-based to qualify as Software as a Service
• Experience in a small start-up (or a large company that you were at from the beginning)
• Strong grasp on the full product development lifecycle
• Very strong change management and documentation skills
• Partner with Sales & Marketing on go-to-market and packaging strategy and deliverables
• Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Successful at elaborating business requirements using interviews, competitive, customer and market research, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, trends and innovation research, task and workflow analysis.
• Able to critically analyze and synthetize information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Strong methodology in translating business requirements into functional specifications and technical features.
• Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the product management team.
• Able to proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers and stakeholders to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
• Utilize experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
• Work independently with users and customers to define concepts under direction of product managers.
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
• Strong analytical and product research skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.