Sales Representative (34100) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
In collaboration with Sales Managers, the Sales Representative proactively and strategically sells Weatherford tools, technologies and services within the defined Product Line segment. In alignment with the agreed sales plan, the Sales Representative also works to establish customer relationships that enable the identification of customer needs and the positioning of Weatherford solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure products and services are marketed, positioned and understood by key decision makers within client organizations
• Proposes solutions to customers formally (through pitches, presentations and tender submissions) and informally through networks, relationships, discussions
• Communicate/explain/position specialist product line technology
• Takes and executes sales orders utilizing appropriate tools, systems, processes and technology
• Supports and coordinates the [technical PL] education of internal sales community
• Responsible for relaying competitive information back to the appropriate product line stakeholders, including pricing, good/bad product performance, marketing material, activities, new products/technology etc.
• Submit technical abstracts or articles to industry publications and/or WFT intercompany magazine.
• Maintains understanding of WFT technical capabilities and service, and effectively communicates product line services and technology to customers
• Engages Account management and other Sales personnel
• Feeds back customer information, intelligence, requirements and requests to relevant WFT stakeholders in a timely manner
• Ensures WFT systems, including Salesforce are updated and maintained with appropriate sales data in a timely manner
• Provides tactical input to PL Sales Strategy when required
• Coaches and mentors junior Product Line sales personnel where appropriate
• Follows WFT Inc.'s business objectives as outlined in the Business Management System (BMS).
• Ensures compliance with the WFT Competence Assurance System.
• Participates in product line demonstrations and training to customers where appropriate
• Follows all WFT Compliance policies
• Performs various other duties assigned by line manager/ supervisor within the physical constrains of the job
Knowledge and Skills
• Team Player
• Knowledge of the Weatherford Sales Cycle
• Experience of preparing and delivering client presentations
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Logical and methodical, results driven
• Having broader and advanced knowledge of company policy, products, services and operations
• Self-confidence and motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and determination.
• Advanced computer and presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Relevant industry experience
• Business or Engineering diploma
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Operations or Service Industry
• 2 years Sales experience
• Knowledge and experience of Salesforce an advantage
• Ability to work unsupervised and under pressure to meet specific deadline.