Field Service Technician II (30189) Longview, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Provide testing, repairs, and routine servicing on equipment in the shop and the field. In addition, help generate business to increase revenues through sales of Weatherford products and services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Test and maintain equipment in the shop and in the field.
- Provide onsite labor when needed.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on company owned and rental equipment in the field.
- Monitor and report drilling and workover rig activity
- Perform time, cost, and labor estimates for completion of job assignments.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality to increase efficiency.
- Accurate and thorough completion of job reports in a timely basis.
- Assist in the shop and make deliveries when available.
- Supervise workers in testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 3-5 years related experience
- Strong product knowledge
- Strong mechanical ability
- Self-motivator, self-starter
- Good communication skills
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations