Reservoir Engineer (32078) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Position conducts in-depth evaluations, analysis and provides technical expertise in reservoir evaluations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and evaluate shale reservoirs and conventional reservoirs. Build appropriate reservoir models, perform history match and forecast scenarios.
- Understand various completion strategies, artificial lift, alternate production strategies, production allocation and forecasting.
- Experience in complex fluid property characterizations, well testing and well test analysis.
- Identify and incorporate best practices for future hydrocarbon recovery.
- Ability to integrate geosciences information with observed reservoir phenomena.
- Perform sensitivity studies to define uncertainties and prioritize areas for further investigation.
- Conduct simulation of complex completions, evaluating performance and recommending improvements / reservoir management strategies. Perform studies to review, optimize or plan field development. Perform interference studies to identify optimal well spacing, predict future well performance.
- Work closely with client operational staff as well as other technical professionals such as geologists, geophysicists, and petrophysicists to solve well and reservoir problems in innovative and unconventional ways.
- Mentor and coach less experienced staff and assist with project management and technical leadership roles.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned by management.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Masters Degree of Science
- Minimum 4-6 years direct experience in applied reservoir engineering
- 2-4 years on the unconventional reservoirs evaluation.
- Ability to be resourceful and a team player with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in reports writing and presentation preparation and delivery.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels of personnel, build and maintain relationships in order to achieve results.
- Ability to work well in an environment with different cultures
- Confident, self motivated and highly proactive
- Ability to multi-task, and have good prioritization and time management skills with ability to work on several projects and “change gears” quickly
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and meet deadlines
- Experience in reservoir simulation and characterization softwares
- Proficient in Microsoft Office ( Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Frequent client interaction is a responsibility of this position
- Some travel is required.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge