Technical Support Analyst I (30876) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Responsible for day to day maintenance and support for the Cygnet Software Product.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers via telephone, email, or via remote assistance tool(s). Ensure support needs are met.
- Assist internal and external customers to upgrade and configure the software.
- Participate in software testing as needed during the release cycle.
- Troubleshoot complex issues, with simulation/reproduction of issues in order to find resolutions.
- Work with other Weatherford internal teams to resolve issues.
- Escalate issues to developers as appropriate. Continue to work the issues with the developers should they need your assistance.
- As appropriate, provide custom solutions through Scripts.
- Participation in customer training.
- Use ticketing system(s) and time reporting systems to accurately report issues, document activities, and report time.
- Identify cause of problem reported by debugging VB, C/C++, SQL, HTML, XML and other code and if necessary correct them or report them to the developers.
- Assist with LOWIS deployment or Cygnet Proserve projects at customer sites as assigned.
- May require occasional travel to remote company or customer field sites for meetings, implementation of systems, support of systems, or for training.
- Requires participating in 24x7 rotation with other team members to respond to critical system support requests.
- Work with the commercial team to manage and distribute licensed software to customers.
- Create and distribute activity reports.
- Participate in projects or other activities as assigned.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment and with other team members.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal responsibilities, as needed
BA/BS Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and IT/SCADA software support
- 1 years experience in a similar roll trouble shooting and diagnosing problems with hardware and software.
- Cygnet experience.
- Oil and Gas industry or related experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent debugging /programming skills C/ C++, VB, SQL
- Windows operating system and programming environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to calmly manage crisis situations
- Ability to plan ahead and organize daily and weekly tasks
- Ability to work with minimum supervision as a part of a team
- Constant attention to detail