Process Improvement Lead (28623) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
The WFT GPG Process Improvement Lead position consists in leading and executing business process transformation projects on behalf of Global Procurement. The Process Improvement Lead will work through activities related to the analysis, development and revision of processes with the objective of improving customer satisfaction and business agility while fostering a culture of continuous improvement. The Process Improvement Lead will work to implement industry best practices using Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools.
Preferred candidates must be experienced in Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement methodologies as well as practice in assessment, training, deploying and executing these various methodologies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze business processes, preparing diagnostic of current conditions and identifying preliminary improvement opportunities
- Design solutions to business processes using the DMAIC improvement roadmap, proposing alternatives and reasons of change
- Develop implementation plans and assume the appropriate role (leader or support) to ensure effectiveness
- Interact with internal and / or external contacts with a high level of autonomy
- Through execution of lean six sigma initiatives, drive performance excellence and embrace the role of a change agent for the organization
- Promote, educate and instill a culture of waste identification and elimination throughout the organization
- Facilitate group process improvement workshops using Value Stream and Process mapping
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university. Prefer a B.S. degree in systems management or supply chain management
- Six to eight years of work experience to include three to four years facilitating and mentoring business improvement projects using DMAIC methodology with Lean Sigma tools
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt (or higher) certification preferred
- Systems knowledge and ERP experience is desired
- Direct Supply Chain experience in a related industry (Energy, Oil and Gas) a plus, but not required
- Ability to communicate and work well in a cross functional team environment in both a centralized and decentralized setting
- Proven ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization from entry level to executive management