JDE Procurement Systems Specialist (28477) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
The JDE Procurement Systems Specialist is responsible to support management’s efforts to make full use of the existing functionality within JDE’s Purchasing module and related applications. The Specialist will also be responsible for the management of new IT initiatives within these same systems, including in close coordination with the Business Process Analyst, the enhancement of existing procedures and processes. They will also be responsible for the data extraction, analysis and reporting of information related to the Global Purchasing functions within all Weatherford Regions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical support of existing functionality within the JDE Purchasing Module and related Master Data files.
- Analysis of business requirements and current practices to identify unused functionality within these same systems.
- Work with Purchasing and IT Management to develop a SOW for selected projects to enhance system functionality and/or to accommodate company expansion, including decisions on priority and allocation of resources.
- Management/ supervision for these same projects with responsibility for schedule, budget, and for delivery of the goals specified within the SOW.
- Organize the extraction and assembly of the data to be analyzed for company and individual performance (KPI reporting).
- Participate in the evaluation of technology products, including assessment and selection of software.
- Participate in the strategic planning for internal information technology as appropriate.
- Carry out special projects or tasks as assigned by the Global Support Services Manager.
- Train employees on the use of JDE Purchasing Best Practices
- Develop a working understanding of supporting JDE Procurement software, gaining the ability to train employees.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university. Prefer a BS degree in systems management or supply chain management.
- Six to eight years of experience, to include three to four years in implementing and/ or supporting JDE Material Management. Emphasis in P2P (Procure to pay) and MRP preferred.
- Direct experience in projects for system design, development, testing, and implementation is required, preferably in supervisory or project management roles
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Significant training and experience is required for those JDE systems identified including the integration of those systems. Expert level knowledge in several or most of these is a significant plus.
- Employee must have knowledge and experience of supply chain concepts, especially concerning Material Management, Master Data, and SD Logistics Execution.
- Experience in the execution of the Software Development Life Cycle (to include business case development) also a plus. Again, supervisory or project lead experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate and work well in a cross functional team environment required, in both centralized and decentralized settings. Also required is a demonstrated success in 1.) understanding and capitalizing on design and process input from the User community, and 2.) transfer of knowledge to the User community of system features and functions at the point of implementation.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization from entry level to executive management