Production Planner II (29806a) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
UNDER BROAD DIRECTION OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER, THE PRODUCTION PLANNER PERFORMS DUTIES REQUIRED TO SUPPORT ASSIGNED AREAS OF THE FACILITY /DEPARTMENT. THE PLANNER ENSURES THAT ALL THE RESOURCES NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE PRODUCTION SCHEDULE ARE AVAILABLE.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
• Ensures that management is fully cognizant of production status and that work planning and execution objectives are integrated and communicated.
• Responsible for the timely completion of items impacted by NCR’s and/or ECNs.
• Maintains, monitors, and prioritizes production repairs associated with ECN/NCRs.
• Develops work orders, or provides input to the creation thereof, as required to ensure production work flow in assigned areas is unimpeded; adds material demand and labor hours as required.
• Analyzes and interprets work order bills of material meet current specifications based upon technical specifications and work instructions.
• Prepares weekly/monthly production reports as required by supervisor.
• Liaises with Engineering, Quality, and supply chain departments when requested to resolve issues with processes, tools, and test equipment.
• Liaises with inventory planners/buyers to schedule the delivery of materials needed to meet the production schedule.
• Maintains a parts shortage list derived from open work orders for all assets in repair within the area.
• Resolves technical issues utilizing acquired knowledge and analytical abilities.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Experience in Oil and Gas environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong computer knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Good interpersonal skills
• Previous experience as a Production Manager or Production Coordinator
• Experience using SAP and JDE software
• Experience creating and managing work orders
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years experience in the materials/inventory/production planning field
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (Associate’s Degree and 3 years’ experience leading repair and maintenance activities)
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations