Production Supervisor (1572BR) Orchard Park, New York
- Understand, adhere and enforce ITT Core Values, ESH, Quality, Operational standards, Lean and Manufacturing principles while maximizing technology and the oracle system to achieve and exceed business goals.
- Review business strategy, demands, operational budgets and reports to provide innovative solutions for improvements using lean principles to enhance productivity while collaborating and assisting leadership and key members in the area.
- Develop and maintain day to day labor schedule and capacity planning while working side by side with critical departments (manager, planner, sales, etc.) to ensure 100% quality and on time delivery.
- Effective communicator, Assist departmental managers and provide updates on matters such as on time delivery, inventory control, productivity, cross training, manpower, quality and safety issues and ensure standard reporting is completed.
- Supervise, hire, train, develop and evaluate temporary and full-time employees in production while ensuring all processes are adhered to while developing and maintaining training matrices in a safe environment.
Directs and coordinates activities of shop floor personnel through the manufacturing process by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
Plans production operations establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
Prepares operations schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevents operational delays.
Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, and identifying solutions.
Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
Supervises hourly employees in a continuous improvement environment. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
BS in related field and minimum three years supervisory experience