Technical Sales Specialist II- Completions (Bakersfield, CA) (32068oko) Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Job location: Bakersfield, CA
In collaboration with Sales Managers, the Sales Specialist proactively and strategically sells tools, technologies and services across the Weatherford portfolio a defined customer base. In alignment with the agreed sales plan, the Sales Specialist also works to establish customer relationships that enable the identification of customer needs and the positioning of Weatherford solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Takes direction from the Area Sales Manager or PL Sales Manager
• Takes and executes sales orders utilizing appropriate tools, systems, processes and technology
• Builds an understanding of WFT technical capabilities and service, and effectively communicates product line services and technology to customers
• Feeds back customer information, intelligence, requirements and requests to relevant WFT stakeholders in a timely manner
• Ensures WFT systems, including Salesforce are updated and maintained with appropriate sales data in a timely manner
• Responsible for relaying competitive information back to the appropriate product line stakeholders, including pricing, good/bad product performance, marketing material, activities, new products/technology etc.
• Encouraged to submit technical abstracts or articles to industry publications and/or WFT intercompany magazine
• Encouraged to compile and publish Real Results relevant to technology and local market. Enlisting client participation is highly encouraged
• Participate in industry trade organizations and other pertinent technical associations or committees, workshops, SPE regional meetings/study groups
• Engage local/regional Petroleum Engineering Colleges and Universities in line with the local recruitment strategy Seek opportunities for involvement in the Student SPE Chapter, Lunch and Learns and other creative ways to meet and interact with the students/future clients.
• Follows WFT Inc.'s business objectives as outlined in the Business Management System (BMS).
• Ensures compliance with the WFT Competence Assurance System.
Knowledge and Skills
• Team Player
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Logical and methodical, results driven
• Having broader and advanced knowledge of company policy, products, services and operations
• Self-confidence and motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and determination.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Relevant industry experience
• Business or Engineering Diploma or Degree preferred
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Operations or Service Industry
• Minimum 2 years Sales experience in the Oilfield Industry
· Demonstrable track record of success in previous position/s
· Offshore experience desirable but not explicitly required