Specialist V - Technical Writer (9716BR) Woodbridge, New Jersey
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM) is an award-winning consulting engineering firm with major success in the fields of rail and transit; highways and bridges; water and water resources; wastewater; tunnels; environment; municipal engineering; aviation; ports; architectural services; and pipeline services. We have earned a reputation for technical excellence on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects. HMM is a rapidly growing firm with 70 offices throughout North America, providing a full range of engineering services, from planning and design through construction management. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team of professionals in locations throughout the US and Canada.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a role involving writing brochures, newsletters, press releases, proposals, or reports for a medium to large commercial organization
- Strong writing/editing skills required
- BS/BA in marketing, communication, English, Journalism, or other relevant field of study
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to manage workload and work as part of a team
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a role requiring writing skills for a large engineering organization
- demonstrated ability to produce (create, write, edit) deliverables with minimal direct supervision
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications, specifically Photoshop and In-Design
Hatch Mott MacDonald has an immediate opening for a Technical Writer/Marketing specialist in our Iselin, NJ corporate headquarters office. Ideal candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications,or other relevant field and at least 5 to 10 years of related marketing/writing experience. Candidate must be capable of composing new copy as well as editing technical information written by the firm's technical staff. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint is also required. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Professional and Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign software is a plus.
Responsibilities will include writing and editing of marketing collateral including corporate brochures, newsletters, press releases, feature articles, and material for the firm's website and Intranet.
The qualified candidate will have at least 5 to 10 years experience writing, editing, and/or proofreading the following: proposals, sales and marketing materials, feature articles, and technical papers. Knowledge of the engineering field is a plus. Candidate should be proactive, self-motivated, and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Ability to work in a team environment is essential. Excellent writing, communications, and interpersonal skills are necessary.