Senior Project Manager - Electrical (8638BR) Pensacola, Florida
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM) is an award-winning consulting engineering firm with major success in the fields of rail and transit; highway and bridges; water and water resources; wastewater; tunnels; environment; municipal engineering; aviation; ports and harbors; architectural services; and pipeline services. We have earned a reputation for technical excellence on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects. HMM is a rapidly growing firm with over 65 offices throughout North America, providing a full range of engineering services, from planning and design through construction management. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team of professionals in locations throughout the US and Canada
The Ideal candidate will possess:
B.S. in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program.
Florida PE license and at least 10 years experience in the engineering and design of electrical (power, lighting, controls, and communications) systems for water, wastewater, roadway, airfield, and building facilities.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential for success in this role.
Candidates must have solid AutoCAD and SKM, skills and those with REVIT experience will be given preference.
As a Senior Engineer, you will lead an electrical design team from start to finish.
• Prepare and review designs, specifications and cost estimates for complex projects with the engineering/architectural and design teams..
• Develop and prepare tasks and schedule for successful execution of engineering on time and budget.
• Provide technical direction for specific tasks and assign work to engineering team.
• Provide effective communication and coordination of design with other engineering disciplines and contractors to ensure a comprehensive and complete project.
• Perform engineering analysis, evaluate equipment and materials in designs using company’s standard data and specifications, engineering fundamentals and principles, and requirements of governing Codes and Authorities.
• Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data.
• Apply Knowledge of Codes and Standards and application in design.
• Work on a project team.
• Work towards solutions to problems - short term, emergencies, troubleshooting operational problems.
• Ensure that project specifications and quality standards are achieved using the most efficient and cost-effective means.
• Lead and interact with all levels of employees and people associated with projects and manufacturing.