Inspector II (12079BR) Freehold, New Jersey
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM) is an award-winning consulting engineering firm with major success in the fields of rail and transit; highways and bridges; water and water resources; wastewater; tunnels; environment; municipal engineering; aviation; ports and harbors; architectural services; and pipeline services. We have earned a reputation for technical excellence on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects. HMM is a rapidly growing firm with over 70 offices throughout North America, providing a full range of engineering services, from planning and design through construction management. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team of professionals in locations throughout the US and Canada.
2-Year Construction Engineering Technology certification or degree (or equivalent) and has interest in a career in construction observation and inspection for all types of public infrastructure projects which may include projects in the utility and municipal/ county transportation sectors. NICET certifications a plus and desire to pursue NICET certifications and other construction and testing related certifications a must.
Under close supervision, performs routine inspection assignments, which will develop work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Receives interpretation of designs and specifications from Engineer in Charge, as required.
2. Requests change orders from the Engineer in Charge.
3. Monitors performance of contractors.
4. Has some initial supervised exposure to clients.
5. Receives direction for solutions from Engineer in Charge.
6. Utilizes uniform quantity recording and reporting procedures.
7. Performs routine inspection services while maintaining a closely supervised liaison between supervisor and contractor