Engineer III/IV – Water/Wastewater (13785BR) Cincinnati, Ohio
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM) is an award-winning consulting engineering firm with major success in the fields of architectural services; highway and bridges; aviation; rail and transit; water and water resources; wastewater; environment; municipal engineering; ports and harbors; tunnels; and pipeline services. We have earned a reputation for technical excellence on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects. HMM is a rapidly growing firm with over 70 offices throughout North America, providing a full range of services, from planning and design through construction management. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team of professionals in locations throughout the US and Canada.
Required Competencies and/or Experience
• Ability to solve multiple practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Excellent technical writing skills in order to develop and write reports, business correspondence, and process and procedure flowcharts and manuals.
• Ability to understand hydraulic/hydrologic systems and modeling (water quality modeling experience is a plus).
Required Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university;
• At minimum of five years of related experience and/or training with similar types of work; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Microsoft Project, GIS software, Innovyve’s InfoWorks and/or XP Software’s XP-SWMM software.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Ohio, or have the ability to obtain within 12 months of employment (Preferred).
•EIT, PE (Preferred)
Responsible for managing the planning and design of sanitary and storm water improvement projects, including projects that implement green infrastructure. Key tasks include the development of conceptual, preliminary, and detailed designs for improvements of sanitary and storm water collection systems; review of design drawings prepared by others; and the development of project schedules and budgets.
• Participate on and sometimes lead project engineering teams to prepare engineering reports on the planning and design of sanitary and storm sewer rehabilitation and replacements, private source I/I removal projects, pump stations / force mains, detention and storage facilities, wastewater treatment plant improvements, and integrated gray, green and watershed control projects.
• Assist with the development of proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs).
• Plan, investigate, and perform field work activities to determine feasibility and options.
• Develop and review engineering drawings, specifications, and other project deliverables.
• Develop engineering project costs.
• Review engineering drawings, specifications, and other project deliverables developed by engineering consultants and provide critical comments and questions.
• Coordinate closely with property owners impacted by projects (easement acquisition, individual property designs for private source I/I removal projects, property restoration, and temporary construction impacts) and facilitate discussions regarding the purpose and need for those projects.
• Support and consult with construction inspection staff during project construction to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
• Inspect construction sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
• Utilize knowledge of local and national wet weather regulations and permits.