Specialist III/IV - Marketing (8088BR) Woodbridge, New Jersey
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM) is an award-winning consulting engineering firm with major success in the fields of rail and transit; highway and bridges; water and water resources; wastewater; tunnels; environment; municipal engineering; aviation; ports and harbors; architectural services; and pipeline services. We have earned a reputation for technical excellence on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects. HMM is a rapidly growing firm with 70 offices throughout North America, providing a full range of engineering services, from planning and design through construction management. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team of professionals in locations throughout the US and Canada.
• 5-7 years experience in proposal development and production in an engineering, architectural, scientific, or other related field preferred.
• Excellent oral, written and visual communications skills, including superior editing and proofreading abilities.
• A proven pro-active team player, who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced setting.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, analytical and general business skills and the ability to process information quickly and accurately.
• Ability to thrive under the pressure of multiple deadlines while managing projects.
• Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with a broad range of employees and outside parties.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English (Technical Writing), or related field.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator & Acrobat Pro.
• Hands-on experience with developing proposals, including writing, editing, and formatting.
Our team provides support to technical staff to develop multifaceted, complex proposals to win highly competitive procurements. We apply technical writing skills, proof reading, editing, and graphics while coordinating and leading the proposal effort from its inception through production of a final master.
The successful candidate will:
• Handle multiple projects at one time including responding to Requests for Proposals and/or Qualifications, update and maintain resumes, project descriptions, and other proposal information while adhering to strict demands and deadlines.
• Take ownership of each project/proposal, evaluate and develop a plan to respond based on the requirements, schedule meetings, coordinate with technical staff, and create graphics and design layouts. Coordinate final QA process to ensure consistency and accuracy and produce final documents to be certain they are delivered within the designated time.
• Provide research, writing, proofreading, editing, and creative concepts to develop compliant and compelling proposals.
• Build and maintain relationships with technical staff and prospective teaming partners to promote effective communication and cohesive partnerships.
• Conduct client and market research, support data management efforts to maintain sales resources, assist with presentations, conduct technical staff interviews, archive proposals, and update company/business information to ensure it is accurate and current.