Senior Project Manager - Structural (9020BR) Tallahassee, Florida
Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM) is an award-winning consulting engineering firm with major success in the fields of rail and transit; highways and bridges; water and water resources; wastewater; tunnels; environment; municipal engineering; aviation; ports and harbors; architectural services; and pipeline services. We have earned a reputation for technical excellence on some of the world's most prominent and challenging projects. HMM is a rapidly growing firm with over 65 offices throughout North America, providing a full range of engineering services, from planing and design through construction management. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team of professionals in locations throughout the US and Canada.
• Experience: 14+ years Bridge Design experience.
• LRFD Certification Required
• Education: BS or MS in engineering with a structural emphasis, with MS preferred.
• Registrations/Certifications required: Current FL P.E. License.
• Must have experience in bridge inspection.
• Proven technical writing and communication skills.
• This position does require occasional travel up to 20%.
• A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required for this position.
• This position does manage others.
Experience Relevant experience should include Project Management, preliminary and detailed design, field inspections, preparation of construction documents, and construction oversight. FDOT experience required familiarity with FDOT PDE process and bridge inspection experience strongly desired. Project management experience desired.
The Lead Structural Engineer (Bridges) will be responsible for leading all phases of structural design primarily related bridge projects (highway and rail) including design, detailing, analysis, plan development, constructability, inspection, load rating, rehabilitation, and report writing. Responsibilities will include supervising bridge staff in the design of conventional and complex steel and concrete bridges (post-tension, curved, severely skewed, arches, etc.). The Bridge Engineer manages highway and transportation projects for the design of bridges, culverts, retaining walls, and other transportation structures, including complex and long span design/analysis experience. LRFD experience required.
Duties & Responsibilities
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
• Leads and supervises a structural design group in Florida composed of engineers, CAD designers or technicians, and inspectors for projects within the Southeast.
• Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for new projects, weighing alternatives and selecting the most cost effective solution. Analyzes technical problems, assessing the feasibility of proposed techniques and procedures, and devising new approaches and alternative solutions.
• Designs and develops plans and drawings, which may include the development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings.
• Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and regulatory agency specifications.
• Supervises and/or participates in quality control checks, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, checking computations, and/or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
• Plans and reviews the production of engineering drawings and specifications.
• Plans and reviews the production of engineering investigations or planning work.
• Coordinates work with project manager, and guides junior professionals and technical personnel on the design and drafting of preliminary and final plans. Provide coordination of project execution and control to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through final design on Bridge projects.
• Analyzes project dimension and scope, and prepares or oversees the preparation of cost and manpower estimates, schedules and job budgets.
• Cost control on projects and quality control within discipline.
• Planning, design and construction phases of projects.
• Provides engineering services during construction activities by reviewing shop drawings for conformance with specifications; prepares records and progress reports defining construction progress.
• Technical liaison with client for work within the discipline.
• Performs field observations of construction, as appropriate.
• Performs bridge inspection, as appropriate.
• Proficiency in Microstation V8, ProjectWise, Leap Bridge Suite v.11 including CONSPAN and RCPier, CSiBridge 15, MDX, STAAD, SAP, LARSA, and/or LUSAS, Conspan, FB-Multipier, and FDOT software is desirable.