Technical Writer (3168BR) Loves Park, Illinois
There has never been a better time to join our truly global company. We were the first in the world to mass produce energy saving frequency converters and now we offer a position, where you will play a key role in meeting our ambitious aspirations for the future. The growing awareness world wide for environment and energy savings are enabling us to create strong paybacks for our customers and we need you to help us spreading the good news.
The Technical Writer researches, writes, compiles, edits, and revises various technical documents. Documents include use in the selection, installation, commissioning, programming, operation and after-sales service of Danfoss products. Responsible for documents for various audio/visual media, as well as traditional printed documents, as required.
· Design, deliver, and maintain technical communications using common Danfoss methods, styles and procedures, and adheres to corporate guidelines.
· Consult with engineering and service managers, product development, training, applications and others, as needed, to deliver timely and effective documents.
· Develop schedules, plans and programs to support product and service launches.
· Write in clear and concise language suitable for translation and worldwide publication.
· Work with drafting, photographers, and others to prepare publications.
· Report on documentation plans and programs to management on a recurring basis.
· Acquire product knowledge by consulting with subject matter experts, observing the performance of the product, or referring to articles, bulletins, manuals, or similar publications.
· Manage the document review and approval process.
· Work closely with Danfoss Power Electronics developers in Loves Park, Illinois, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Chennai, India, and Graasten, Denmark.
· BS degree (Engineering, Journalism, Communication, Marketing or English) or equivalent; MS preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years relevant experience documenting high-tech product lines.
· An ability to demonstrate effective technical writing and communication skills is essential.
· Expert knowledge of software formats (XML, CMS, technical illustrations, etc.).
· Experience with communicating features of complex products to various audiences.
· An understanding of adjustable frequency drives and their associated systems is highly desirable.
· Must be a proven team player and be self-motivated. Participates on multiple project teams.
· Excellent planning skills and the ability to manage projects in a time-sensitive environment.
· The multitude of tasks and demands put on this position require both speed and accuracy to a high degree.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills; excellent computer skills.
· Presentation materials must be clear, concise and accurate.
· Skillful problem solver with investigative talents.
· Project a professional company image to customers.
· Experience with content management systems, and XML editing is a plus.
· The Technical Writer must be able to travel on a limited basis. This ranges from local same-day travel to local vendors; trade shows; and possible travel to Denmark or other international locations.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.