NURSE EDUCATION SPECIALIST II (meth-00055318) Houston, Texas
The Nurse Education Specialist II is responsible for the development, coordination, implementation, evaluation and revision of programs aimed at orientation, competency validation, and ongoing development of professional nurses and non-professional staff across the institution and for assigned units/departments on a 24 hour basis. The NES II serves as a role model, a clinical consultant and resource, and an educator of staff and/or patients and families. Competency is maintained in the utilization of adult learning theory, curriculum development and evaluation, competency assessment, age specific knowledge of populations in assigned areas, selected high risk/low frequency/mandatory waived testing skills and the use of educational technology, including simulation.
Bachelor's and Master's degree required, one of which must be in nursing. Master's degree may be in health or education field.
Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in specialty area. Minimum of two years in education, staff development, or program development preferred.
Transplant experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Current RN Texas licensure required
Certification in specialty area required and certification in staff development or nursing education is preferred.
Graduation from a specialty program required for selected positions
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Able to build evidence-based practice into the clinical setting.
2. Demonstrates ability to independently manage programs, staff, and large-scale projects.
3. Demonstrates ability to plan, organize, and follow through on assignments and/or projects.
4. Demonstrates leadership abilities, including collaborative, consultative and coaching skills.
5. Demonstrates interpersonal skills and highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
6. Able to speak and write English fluently
7. Able to speak in public, engage an audience, and utilize adult learning theory
8. Must have a working knowledge of Powerpoint, Microsoft Outlook, MS Word and Excel.
9. Demonstrates knowledge of current educational technologies