HSE Advisor (PR-12428355) St. John's, Canada
HSE Advisor - Progressive GE - Newfoundland
Progressive Global Energy is looking for an HSE advisor or Senior HSE advisor.
The HSE advisor will assist the Safety team and ensure alignment of project safety strategies based from the office in St. John’s, NL. The ideal candidate will have 8+year of experience in construction related safety and is up to date with regulations in NL.
Description of general responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to support the Project Team Manager in achieving a safe environment. Champion for application of EMDC based safety processes to benefit project safety performance.
- Support / Advise Project Manager, Project Team, and Safety / SSH&E Leadership Team in areas of safety / health and emergency preparedness.
- Develop project level plans / programs as required by the Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) and / or the project management team. Ensure establishment of adequate control processes and implementation per the Project Safety Plan.
- Work closely with contractor to establish plans that meet EM / Project requirements and follow through with management team and contractor to ensure effective implementation.
- May assume specific Health or Security responsibilities when a designated Health or Security Advisor is not assigned.
- Develop / deliver technical presentations.
- Provide guidance and functional support to Site Safety Advisors.
- University degree and / or technical diploma / certification CRSP, CSP, PE, NEBOSH, or equivalent
- +8 years of demonstrated work experience in Construction Safety-related positions (including some prior oil & gas experience).
- Thorough knowledge of Safety standards, codes, and practices, also in Newfoundland
- Safety related experience with facilities fabrication, construction, transportation, and pre-commissioning as appropriate for specific project.
- Preferred working knowledge of safety management practices, processes and expectations.
- Ability to function in an integrated project team environment. Effective communicator in an integrated team environment. Must be able to effectively communicate / influence on multiple levels.
- Proficient in use of computers and programs such as Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, as required to function effectively within Project Team.
Location: St. John’s, Newfoundland, office based. Hours: Monday to Friday, trips to the field might be necessary every so often. Duration: 2 year contract position. Please send me your updated resume so I can contact you.