Location: Ringwood, England
Salary: GBP9.5 - GBP9.5 per hour
We have a brilliant opportunity for an Assistant Chef at our beautiful nursing and care home in Ashley Heath near Ringwood.
35 hours per week
£9.50 an hour
The Assistant Chef assists the Head Chef to provide our residents with a nutritious and varied diet, as well as ensuring visitors to our on-site Bistro enjoy an excellent dining experience.
Please note this role includes covering alternate weekends and some bank holidays (with bank holiday enhancement).
St Ives House is a 60 bed home providing nursing, dementia and residential care, which has been carefully designed to provide comfort and convenience for residents, relatives and our staff.
We know that it’s the care that counts of all our residents and that’s where you come in. Whether it’s helping to take care of our residents, preparing freshly made meals or looking after our beautiful home and grounds – everyone will have an important part to play in ensuring that our residents have the best possible care and experience in their new home. For more information about St Ives go to this link: http://www.care-south.co.uk/homes/st-ives-house/
About Care South
Care South has a genuine dedication to helping people get the best out of life and because of that we value our team. We know that it’s the care that counts of not only our residents and service users, but that of our employees that makes us a leading provider of home and residential care across the south of England. As a not-for-profit organisation and registered charity, we employ over 1,500 people across our 20 residential and home care locations and our HEART values of Honesty, Excellence, Approach, Respect and Teamwork are fundamental to the way we work, how colleagues are treated, and the care that we provide every day.
Key skills for the Assistant Chef role:-
- Preparing and cooking meals to the standards set out in the company catering policy
- Supporting and supervising Kitchen Assistants in their day to day work
- Assisting the Chef in planning menus and consulting residents / day care clients to ensure that individual dietary needs and preferences are met
- Preparing and cooking meals on wheels as appropriate
- Deputising for the Chef when necessary: assuming responsibility for ordering, checking in and controlling supplies
In return we offer:-
- An excellent induction programme and ongoing commitment to your training and development
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Care South Savers: a staff discount scheme providing access to a range of on-line and high street discounts
- DBS check paid by us
- Care South Stars Annual Awards - recognising excellence in individuals and teams
If you would like an informal chat about the Assistant Chef role then please contact Neil Dominy or Carol Davis on 01425 481220.
Not ready to apply? Like our ‘Care South Careers’ Facebook Page and keep up to date with future vacancies. Search @CareSouthCareers