Administrative Specialist, Oncology Research Unit (984187) La Jolla, California
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That’s why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
- Provide administrative support to the Oncology Research Unit.
- Organization, prioritization, and handling of daily office activities. This will require effective calendar management, including scheduling meetings, teleconferences, videoconferences, executive travel, arrangements for VIP visitors, etc.
- Planning, agenda development, and posting of outcomes for ORB (Oncology Research Board) and other governance and operational teams as needed.
- Responsible for swift and accurate communication with key internal and external business partners, as well as tracking and follow-up.
- Responsible for selected department purchases, expense reporting, creation of POs (Purchase Orders) and resolution of issues with NASS/Accounts Payable.
Training & Education:
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a high school diploma coupled with at least 4 years of prior experience in an Administrative Role. Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree are preferred.
- This position requires outstanding organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Must be an expert in multi-tasking, with extreme attention to detail and the ability to handle confidential material. Also this will require the individual to be able to independently make decisions.
- A high level of expertise and comfort with telecommunications technology and Microsoft office software is required.
- Must have solid communications skills including proficiency in English, written grammar and basic business math.
- Must also be proficient with basic office procedures such as telephone reception and customer service.
- Expertise with Ariba, GCE (Global Concur Expense), and Computron is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pfizer in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pfizer to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pfizer and the specific job and/or work site. Pfizer may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pfizer's support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pfizer.