Tax Researcher II (5542BR) Rochester, New York
We are CoreLogic – a leading provider of business information, analytics and outsourcing services. Together, we are a global company with proven experts in the areas where we work and are passionate about helping our clients succeed. More than one million users rely on CoreLogic to assess risk, support underwriting, investment and marketing decisions, prevent fraud, and improve business performance in their daily operations. No one else has such a vast repository of data, an advanced set of analytical models and a talented, diverse team of professionals.
We have the opportunity to drive innovation, cultivate insights and build unique solutions for our clients. We take pride in our workforce and believe in cultivating an atmosphere that supports and values our greatest asset: talent.
Working under general supervision, a Tax Researcher II conducts research of tax data, using a variety of tools. Extracts and compiles data into documents and reports. Performs duties, such as maintaining simple to complex files, searching and investigating information contained in files, processing departmental documents requiring knowledge of functional operations and entering report results into tracking system. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
Does not travel to sites to perform research or retrieve data.
- Conducts physical research of data requiring the exercise of some judgment and discretion.
- Extracts and enters appropriate data into application, form, or database. Analyzes and interprets information extracted to meet requirements.
- May proofread documents submitted by Searchers for grammatical, mathematical, typographical and compositional errors adhering to formatting standards and guidelines.
- May read and follow instructions on difficult metes and bounds legal descriptions.May update/maintain database with reviewed and corrected data.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Requires 2-4 years related experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient computer skills to create/update documents/spreadsheets containing basic formulas & formatting
- Strong attention to detail
- Tenacity for solving detailed issues
- Good judgment skill
- Solid understanding of company requirements
- Knowledge of required tools to query and manipulate data in varying file formats.
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. CoreLogic is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone’s unique contributions, experiences and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.