CAM Process Engineer
Location: Stevenage, England
Salary: GBP25 - GBP29 per hour
A global engineering and manufacturing company based in Stevenage are currently looking for a CAM Process Engineer to join their growing team on a twelve month contract basis.
As the CAM Process Engineer you will:
• Carry through AIT requirements for the production machining of satellite components from engineering concept to shop floor in a controlled manner
• Ensure quality and process robustness through continuous review and improvement of processes
• Provide technical requirements & justifications to the MGSE & Tooling Engineering group
• Support engineers and/or subcontractors, including coaching and mentoring where appropriate
• Influence design teams and offer production advice and preferences to ensure DFM is upheld and ensure the AIT CAM processes are followed
• Produce accurate CNC data including all checking and setting sheets in accordance with company procedures
• Develop and build relationships both internally and externally and work as part of a team
• Identify problems and apply technical knowledge to resolve them
Successful applicants for this CAM Process Engineer position must have:
• A background in machining within an aerospace engineering environment, preferably within the space sector
• Able to read and understand engineering drawings and 3D models
• A good knowledge of CAD/CAM software in a 3D environment
• Good understanding of machine language preferably ISO and/or Heidenhain and Siemens
It would also be beneficial for the successful CAM Process Engineer to have:
• A good understanding of spacecraft manufacture and build philosophies
• The ability to “hit the ground running” would be hugely advantageous
Over the last 19 years CEEMA Recruitment has built an enviable reputation and established itself as a true specialist in sourcing high quality professional candidates for numerous companies across the UK.
At CEEMA Recruitment we have vast experience in helping candidates find quality placements. Our team of specialist consultants have significant experience within the recruitment industry, are highly knowledgeable and will use this expertise to find you the position that you are looking for in either the permanent or contractor sectors of the market.
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".