Junior Trading Floor Support (HA-12353804) Manhattan, New York
Junior Trading Floor Support
One of the largest financial institutions is looking to hire a credit support candidate to work on their trading floor. This Credit Support role involves all trade capture, risk, PnL and pricing applications heavily utilized by the various trading desks.
Your tasks will include:
- Person to person support of traders, working with them to fix technical challenges ranging from electronic trading to their real time bond and CDS risk and/ PnL.
- Solving issues in the front office trading systems as well as through our downstream settlement and financial controls systems.
- Start of the day system checkouts, speedy analysis of production problems, and escalation of issues to the corresponding teams.
- Development of real-time reports using Clojure and scripting of bespoke- forward thinking monitoring that allows us to catch issues before they impact users.
- There is a project management and business analysis aspect to this role because all support staff perform an SME/application manager role for at lest one application.
Our client will also be looking for a bachelor’s degree with a MS or BS in computer science, recent graduates will be considered. A strong candidate will have experience with office support in investment banking. Valuable technical skills include SQL, scripting (Perl or Shell), Clojure development, as well as unix and desktop knowledge. If you think this sounds like you, and you are interested in advancing your career, please apply online with your most updated resume.