Welder II (29577) Kilgore, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Weld metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders, using brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
• Weld metal parts together, may use both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
• Perform related tasks, such as thermal cutting and grinding.
• Repair broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
• Position and clamp together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
• Maintain needed supplies and order as necessary with prior approval.
• Available to work on a 24 hour basis.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 3-5 Years specific training or related experience with material such as tungsten carbide
- Good verbal communication skills
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings
- Ability to understand written correspondence and work instructions in English.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal work instructions.
- Ability to safely use material handling equipment such as forklifts, cranes and hoists.
- Ability to read and understand basic blueprints and charts.
- Strong math skills including the use of decimals, percentages, and fractions.
- Ability to use measurement devices such as tape measures, micrometers, callipers and scales.
- Ability to safely use hand tools, jigs, and fixtures.
- Highly proficient in welding processes and procedures; meeting or exceeding standards and maintaining tolerance limits.
- Ability to effectively work with employees and supervisors.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.