Quality Control Inspector (28714) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Perform Quality Control Inspections for Bias Unit components in a Level 2 Repair and Maintenance Workshop for Rotary Steerable Technologies.
• Performs inspections on all specified RSS Bias Unit parts according to the pass/fail criteria as laid out in work instructions.
• Prepares Non-Conformance Reports for any parts found not to be within specification; dispositions those with routine damage, forwards any with non-routine damage to Product Engineering for disposition.
• Prepares and dispositions Non-Conformance Reports for parts from service and inventory that require modification due to design changes.
• Verifies inspection tools that are used have been calibrated and the calibrations have not expired; makes supervisor aware of tools with expired calibrations and removes tools from use; performs calibrations where qualified.
• Must be available to work weekends; on call 24/7
• Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
• a safe and healthy workplace for all employees;
• enforcing all safety precautions and practices;
• promoting safe work practices;
• Attending mandatory safety meetings and maintaining Company property and equipment in safe operating conditions at all times.
• Minimum High School education or equivalent
Skills & Knowledge
• Mechanically inclined
• Experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Read and interpret Mechanical machining drawings.
• Good Verbal and written communication skills.
• Self sufficient, ability to work under demanding conditions
• Positive attitude, with a high degree of self-discipline and self-motivation
• Previous experience performing QC in an oilfield or aerospace manufacturing or service environment.
• Knowledge of measurement, inspection, and statistical techniques.