Oracle/PeopleSoft DBA (Eliassen_242737) Cincinnati, Ohio
Job Number: 242737
Provides expert technical support for in one of the following technical services specialty areas: Oracle Database Administration. Provides primary support for multiple disciplines within that specialty. Recognized as an expert in at least one discipline:
Database Administration: Supports complex relational database environments and related database management software products including installation of software releases, debugging, and configuration of database management software.
PeopleSoft systems DBA to provide database administration activities for the pre-production and production environments of PeopleSoft Financials and EPM pillars.
Position Location: Forest Park (Cincinnati)
Title of supervisor to this position: Manager, Technical Services
Titles of those reporting directly to this position: None
- Must have worked with Oracle versions 9,10, and 11
- Proven ability to recover Oracle Databases in a variety of methods with and without RMAN
- Strong background in SQL and PL/SQL Tuning
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows OS must be able to write Shell Scripts
- Must be able to work at the command line as well as in OEM or other GUI tool set
- Leads project teams during the design, development and implementations of systems and applications that impact multiple business areas. Projects may be complex in nature.
- Provides expert consulting assistance to project team members during system development or enhancement activities
- Provides project management leadership of projects; adheres to project management requirements
- Prepare project management documents and ensure that documents are kept up-to-date.
- Creates estimates of time lines for scheduled tasks
- Participates in the evaluation and implementation of new software and hardware
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive plan for the daily monitoring of environment related to specialty area--network, mainframe, database, etc. Manages performance levels to meet service level requirements. Assists with capacity planning activities.
- If specialty area is database administration:
- Performs logical physical database design activities for complex databases
- Leads in the design and implementation of data definition language constructs necessary for creating relational database objects (tables, indices)
- Includes in monitoring plans queries and relational database performance, tuning database for optimum performance
- PeopleSoft Specific Database Administration functions:
- PeopleSoft systems DBA to provide database administration activities for the pre-production and production environments of PeopleSoft Financials and EPM pillars.
- Work specifically with the PeopleSoft Financials and EPM applications and data.
- Performance tuning for the application and reports, and working with external infrastructure support teams for troubleshooting production issues.
- Researching any infrastructure or integration issues and will assist with upgrades, applying bundles and patches.
- Create or modify the existing stats jobs around PeopleSoft tables.
- Monitor the database and application performance, and downtime. Send communication to the PS team and users effectively.
- Work closely with other DBAs, and share the ideas to improve the system performance and to resolve other production issues.
- Assist in establishing and enforcing standards
- Isolates, identifies and resolves complex hardware and software problems, sometimes relating to multiple products and platforms. Assists in the resolution of complex application and performance issues.
- Maintains a comprehensive disaster recovery plan which may include an annual exercise o the plan at a test 'hot site'
- Provides advanced, second-level technical support to the Support Center in the resolution of complex problems spanning multiple products and platforms. Provides workarounds and identifies potential long-term fixes to reduce the number of incidents. Provides backup support to other Technical Services associates.
- Applies to assignments advanced understanding of
- System Development Methodology (SDM)
- IT Best Practices
- Department Standards
- UNIFI IT Flow
- Serves as strong contributor in developing and updating UNIFI IT Flow
- Applies to assignments proficient knowledge of
- Company tools and policies
- IT tools, policies and system structure
- Communicates with
- Business area
- Provides mentoring for junior associates
- May assume delegated responsibilities of IT manager
- Creates training docs needed for backup process
- Other tasks as assigned
- Working Knowledge of PL/SQL developer, DataStage, and WebFocus
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Four Year degree in Computer Science preferred
- Minimum 5- 7 years of experience in specialty area preferred with minimum 12 years total experience in IT-related profession
- Ability to support enterprise with diverse technical environment which may include mainframe and open systems, as well as associated languages and technologies
- Demonstrates strong analytic abilities and strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks at the same time and must function in an environment that is sometimes unpredictable
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization are required
- Requires high initiative and the ability to interact well with others
- Excellent customer service skills are required
- Proven ability and desire to stay current with changing software and hardware technology is required
- A certification or other applicable designation is desired, working toward certification/designation is required
- Associate is expected to pursue ongoing education as outlined in annual performance plan
PeopleSoft Specific Requirements:
- At least 3 years of PeopleSoft database support.
Performance tuning, partitioning and other performance improvement skills
Knowledge of database settings as per PeopleSoft application requirements and size of data.
Knowledge of data archival techniques and data warehouse is beneficial.
PeopleSoft system administration experience, knowledge of installing new environments is beneficial
$80-90k annual salary