Reporting Manager (Eliassen_243772) Albany, New York
Job Number: 243772
- Our client is looking for a Reporting Manager who gathers, prepares, trends, and analyzes operational activity.
- Implement the vision for overall business analytics solution architecture and technologies based on both company and project business needs.
- Support integration of Business Process Management (BPM) principles and coordinates best practice use and improvement with the corporate BPM team.
- Assess the impact of proposed process, workflow, and system changes on the business analytics environment.
- Collaborates with Business Analysts (or whomever maintains process models on NY project) on the continued enhancement and development of process models.
- Oversees the day-to-day functioning of the department and manages the development of routine and ad hoc reports and alerts.
- Monitors business analytics generated alerts to ensure that appropriate actions are being taken.
- Apply critical thinking skills, including system, process and business analysis
- Develop needs and requirements for enhancements to reporting templates and overall semantic (business) layer
- Design, organize (“build”), and maintain access to management dashboards and alerts.
- Evaluates the need for and ensures the provision of reporting necessary for operations.
- Analyze data and other information in order to conceptualize and define operational problems and/or improvement opportunities.
- Provides staff with up-to-date statistics on applicable programs, community resources, and options for enrollees.
- Write and make presentations to clients, often requiring clear and persuasive explanation of complex analysis to a non-technical audience.
- Provides contractually required monthly and quarterly project status reports for the project, corporate, and the state.
- Produces Performance Standards Analysis Report.
- Coordinates and evaluates the work of the Report Specialist.
- Develops and maintains reports in areas including Call Center performance, data entry, eligibility, renewal processing, and mail operations.
- Generates reports in accordance with schedules and provides reports, background information, and report summaries for internal and external use.
- Works closely with the systems staff to understand the impacts of systems changes on reports.
- Coordinates the enhancement and modifications of the business analytics environment with BPM and systems
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of reports in compliance with contract and project requirements.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in business information management, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related quantitative field; four years of experience in performing data analysis to provide operational insight from transactional data; experience in a supervisory or quantitative position requiring strong analytical skills; ability to work independently and as a team member; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; 2 years proficient experience with contemporary business and process intelligence software such as MicroStategies (preferred), Tableau, Cognos , or similar. ability to apply statistical analysis techniques ; ability to understand and evaluate complex processes and their documentation in models (BPMN preferred), for testing purposes; ability to develop and execute test plans; competency in SQL, basic OLAP data models, and semantic (business) layers; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously. Medicaid and CHIP experience preferred. Experience with BPM concepts and tools will be considered a plus.