Network Administrator (Eliassen_246127) Akron, Ohio
Job Number: 246127
Eliassen Group is looking for a Network Administrator, for a contract position, with our direct client in the Akron Ohio area. The Network Administrator will assist with the daily workload. Under the guidance of the Systems Integration Manager, the Network Administrator is responsible for installation, implementation, and maintenance of all network operating system software.
- Provides technical support and project leadership for all network operating system software implementations.
- Provides expert technical assistance to all I/S staff members for network applications.
- Ensures efficient implementation and use of all network resources through development of network operating procedures.
- Develops annual capacity plan for network resources projecting future hardware and software requirements.
- Provides expert diagnostic support for all network systems.
- Maintains all network operating system software at appropriate release levels.
- Ensures the strategic technological positioning of Information Systems network plans.
- Maintains maximum performance level and service availability for all network operating system components.
- Maintains interfaces with computer operations, systems software communications carrier personnel as well as equipment vendor personnel.
- Complies with the Information Systems support policy.
- Associate's degree in computer science or related field. Bachelor's degree in computer science preferred.
- Three years of network technical support experience.
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA Firewall.
- Knowledge of UNIX and UNIX utilities.
- Expert understanding of network operating system internals primarily TCP/IP and NETWARE.
- Good project planning and organization skills.
- Knowledge of network interfaces to mainframe software and hardware.
- Knowledge of NCR hardware and software is a plus.
- Experience with Site to Site VPN is a plus