Healthcare Analyst I Long Beach, CA Molina (3942BR) Long Beach, California
Healthcare Analyst I is an individual contributor role that provides healthcare analysis for the state health plans, including generation and distribution of standard reports, quantification and analysis of health care costs, and development and maintenance of databases.
• Generate and distribute standard reports weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually.
• Create comprehensive workflows for the production and distribution of assigned reports; document reporting processes and procedures.
• Establish and maintain timelines for reports and projects.
• Identify and complete report enhancements/fixes.
• Assist with completion of special projects as requested by various internal departments, or in support of requests from regulatory agencies, contracting agencies, or other external organizations.
• Develop ad-hoc reports as requested.
State Plan / Department Specific Duties and Responsibilities MHI
• Evaluates non-standard requests from consultants, customers, and internal business areas, and provides summary documentation to support analysis reports.
• Generates and reviews the GEO access and disruption analysis.
• Provides support to Corporate Development in interpreting network data and providing recommendations.
• Interprets network analysis requests submitted as part of the RFP or RFI processes. Utilizes the GeoNetworks software to perform analysis of disruption for potential customers based on supplied historical utilization data. Utilizes the Geo Access software to produce standard sets of reports to illustrate the network access of a customer’s population to Molina’s network providers.
• Ability to collaborate and learn with others
• Ability to consider and/or develop alternative scenarios and approaches to problems
• Ability to present ideas and information concisely to varied audiences
• Proficiency with PC-based systems, and the ability to learn other systems through knowledge of MS Excel and Access
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
• Maintain regular attendance based on agreed-upon schedule
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
• Ability to meet deadlines and work within a deadline driven department
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree; or combination of relevant education and experience
Required Experience: Microsoft Office Suite, Excel
Preferred Experience: Healthcare industry experience / Visio, Access
About Our Company:
Become part of the Molina Healthcare family today!
Molina Healthcare is a FORTUNE 500 health care company that is nationally recognized as a Medicaid and Medicare leader exclusively focused on providing quality health care to financially vulnerable individuals and families eligible for government sponsored programs.
Molina offers a variety of career opportunities across the nation as well as excellent compensation and an attractive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) savings plan with employer match, paid time off, paid holidays, volunteer time off, tuition reimbursement, referral bonuses and more! Molina Healthcare is a Diverse Healthcare Atmosphere & Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Keywords: ad-hoc, reporting, SQL, queries, office, execl, visio, access, heatlhcare
To all current Molina employees if you are interested in applying for this position please apply through the intranet job listing. Also, fill out an Employee Transfer Request Form (ETR) and attach it to your profile when applying online.
Molina Healthcare offers competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.