Sr Business Application Architect Healthcare Long Beach, Ca (2081BR) Los Angeles Metro Area, California
• Understands all the system components and recommends innovative approaches to meeting business requirements and service level agreements.
• Solves complex issues that cross team boundaries, and improves existing implementation processes working along with Enterprise Architects from CTO office.
• As a Subject Matter expert provides project management to estimate projects accurately and delivery project within provided estimates.
• Takes proactive escalation of probable system problems or design flaws to upper management before serious performance impact or impact on ROI.
• Works with Enterprise Architects and assures that all standards, models, designs and methodologies are implemented at the project level.
• Recommends hardware and server requirements and works with Infrastructure on building application environments.
• Assists in troubleshooting applications systems, performance and environmental concerns.
• Provides technical leadership and guide the technical leads and teams of onshore and offshore software developers.
• Trains the developers in new or unfamiliar software products, as well as existing system components.
• Provides recommendations, alternatives, and guidance to site project teams, as well as other MMS teams regarding application and environment questions and issues.
• Communicates effectively with a variety of audiences including project management, developers, business analysts, and members of other Healthcare Systems and Services teams.
• Experience with high-volume software applications and a solid understanding of the effects of various factors on the health and performance of large, transactional software designs
• Experience designing Internet and web-based applications
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Solid understanding of Healthcare applications architecture and processing and of how software architecture and design related to larger project objectives
• Self-motivated, takes initiative to identify, communicate, and resolve potential issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
• Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
• Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems. Master’s degree in any discipline.
• 10 years experience in multiple technology environments.
• 6 – 8 years Application architecture and design in healthcare industry.
• 3 – 5 years Microsoft .Net software development and design experience.
• 3 – 5 years leading development or implementation teams.
• Software architecture modeling experience (e.g., RUP, Agile, UML).
• Experience working with or managing offshore development teams.
• Vendor management skills.
Key Skills requirements:
Business knowledge of Health Care Initiatives
Healthcare applications Architect and Design
Software architecture and Design for very large projects
Enrollment (RUP, Agile, UML)
Advanced Microsoft .NET software design and development experience
Leader of development and implementation teams
About Our Company:
Become part of the Molina Healthcare family today!
Molina Healthcare is a FORTUNE 500 health care company that is nationally recognized as a Medicaid and Medicare leader exclusively focused on providing quality health care to financially vulnerable individuals and families eligible for government sponsored programs.
Molina offers a variety of career opportunities across the nation as well as excellent compensation and an attractive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) savings plan with employer match, paid time off, paid holidays, volunteer time off, tuition reimbursement, referral bonuses and more! Molina Healthcare is a Diverse Healthcare Atmosphere & Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
To all current Molina employees if you are interested in applying for this position please apply through the intranet job listing. Also, fill out an Employee Transfer Request Form (ETR) and attach it to your profile when applying online.
Molina Healthcare offers competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.