Senior Equity Trading Support (HA-12329263) Toronto, Canada
The Senior Equity Trading Support individual will be the primary liaison between the Business Unit / Traders / Technology for Equity Capital Markets – Institutional & Retail Cash, Electronic DMA, Portfolio & Algorithmic Trading related issues.
- Be the primary Support for Institutional Cash and Electronic Trading desks.
- Be Primary Lead on outages; managing communication, conference bridges and problem management through to resolution. Tracking of Post Mortems, bug fixes, enhancements etc.
- Familiar with Trading system design, configuration, research into trading flow breaks and operational issues
- Monitoring and management of the Trading Applications
- Manage Business expectations of RBC Development, Infrastructure, UNIX, Networks, PC LAN, and Desktop Support teams
- Manage war-games & document recovery procedures for faster turn-around & lesser business impact, focussing on staff training and process improvement.
- Conduct training & knowledge sharing sessions and documentation of all support related information.
- Support the integration of new releases, bug fixes, patches and configuration changes into production, including post release checks and trader training / notification.
- Liaison with Trade Surveillance / Compliance for regulatory enquiries.
- From an applications perspective, if there’s an issue, candidate will need to understand the business and look at an application and determine why it’s not working. There is a small team that builds the applications, but the resource will need to understand how the trading system works, in terms of theory, detail, etc.
- Bachelors Business/Engineering/Computer or related degree
- Extensive experience in Financial domain – Equities, Portfolio, DMA, Algorithmic trading/support/ financial technology
- In-depth knowledge of Canadian or US equity markets
- * Excellent English communication skills are a must.
- Team player, ability to multi-task & handle communication in high visibility outage situations
- FIX Protocol – FIX 4.0 / 4.2 / 4.4
- Knowledge of Perl/Shell Scripting, SQL, UNIX an asset.
- Knowledge of the following business products:
- Cash equity trading – especially Fidessa application
- Portfolio Trading
- Algorithmic Trading
- Direct Market Access Trading
- Operations & Settlements
If interested in this opportunity, please respond to this advert so that we may discuss in further detail.