Medical Supply Chain Advisor -Senegal (MSCA-Senegal) Senegal
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The post holder will provide support and technical advice to all health programmes within the region in order to develop, strengthen and review health supply chains. With regular visits to field sites, the individual will actively capacity build and empower CO pharmacists and medical supply chain officers in the safe and effective supply management of medicines and healthcare products.
Qualifications and experience
- Master degree in Supply Chain Management with senior professional experience in medical supply chain management is also acceptable. Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent Pharmacy qualification.
- 3+ years’ experience in managing medical supply chains in fragile contexts.
- Experience of working with medical NGO in West and Central Africa, within complex/large scale country programs and in emergency response environments.
- Senior experience in Medical procurement including forecasting, quantification needs and preparing demands.
- Experience in conducting medical supply chain or health assessments / audits.
- Experience in setting up a medical supply chain, including Cold Chain.
- Experience in managing a medical warehouse of significant volume, and medical warehouse staff
- Experience in capacity building and mentoring clinical and logistic staff.
- Experience working with key institutional donors including ECHO, Global fund, USAID/OFDA.
- Experience in Public Health relating to Essential Medicines or National Drug Policies
- Previous experience in providing remote support
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a drug regulatory agency in quality assurance.
- Previous experience with Save the Children is desirable
- Experience in project management and/or roll out of procedures, systems or significant changes in ways of working at country level.
- Experience of working with agencies and coordination groups in a humanitarian setting.
12 Months Renewable
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.