Electrical Engineer (131) North Canton, Ohio
Proven Quality. Leading Technology.
What are you looking for in your career?
- Global Organization
- Career Advancement, Development, and Training
- Great Culture and Benefits
- Industry Leader
- Innovation and Collaboration
To define and develop product used in fluid handling systems as an electrical hardware and software engineer. Position involves multiple project responsibility from recognition of need through project completion.
- Perform electrical hardware and software engineering tasks in the development of new products and cost reduction.
- Participate in development of Product Specification
- Produce conceptual designs
- Guide development process to produce practical designs
- Create detailed circuit and hardware drawings and software code
- Identify applicable standards
- Provide analysis of design to applicable standards
- Provide analysis of design using engineering analysis tools and techniques (e.g., Circuit simulation, software analysis tools)
- Review instruction manuals and product literature
- Define and lead prototype development and lab and field tests
- Work with manufacturing on process development
- Conduct design reviews, safety reviews, etc.
- Leader of small new product development projects as required.
- Complete project feasibility and Pre-Prod authorizations
- Create and maintain project schedules
- Manage project to meet schedules, including:
- Working with other team members to ensure satisfactory completion of all steps in development process
- Identification and communication of threats to schedule to appropriate management
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Participate in release-for-sale activities
- Provide periodic oral and written reports of project status
- Participate in identification of new product opportunities for Graco by:
- Recognizing customer product needs
- Evaluating Graco and competitive products
- Proposing and developing proper technology to fulfill customer needs
- Direct and perform standard product support activities such as:
- Analyzing and writing Engineering Change Orders for products
- Troubleshooting product problems in manufacturing, lab or customer sites
- Initiating corrective action activities
- Learn, participate in development, and apply knowledge of:
- Developments in technical field by staying abreast of developments to maintain technical knowledge
- Graco product line
- Operational systems
- Graco and industry design standards
- Graco Quality Management System
- Graco customer applications and requirements
- Emerging trends in our customers' markets
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree in electrical, computer or software engineering or computer science from an accredited institution or equivalent as approved by divisional engineering management group
- Minimum of 1.5 years experience in new product development with demonstrated ability to produce innovative and successful designs
- Excellent engineering/technical aptitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to recognize customer product needs and trends in the marketplace that affect product requirements.
Launch your career with Graco!
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for both professional development and career progression. Graco’s comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!
For more information or to submit your resume for consideration, go to www.graco.com, click on Employment, and apply online.
All applicants must submit an on-line application to the specific job to be considered.