VB Developer (4001049521) Richfield, Ohio
This long term position is a part of our client's ongoing support team that is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day support of an ERP Solution (AXIOM) integrated with shop floor scheduling and production reporting VB applications, a SQL-based Operational Reporting data warehouse, a web-based maintenance management system and Oracle Financials
- Front-line support and maintenance, functional and technical design, engineering development, unit & integration testing, implementation and technical documentation of enhancements and patches to VB / SQL Server-based components that are integrated with a Progress-based ERP application package
- 5 years of experience, preferably in a metals or other manufacturing environment.
- VB/SQL Server-based components: - Microsoft VB 6.0 - Microsoft VB.NET - Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- A Plus to have experience in the following: - Progress version 9.0 - Entire SDLC experience from requirements definition through post-implementation support
- DBA - database programs and data management
- Data Warehouse / business intelligence
- Large project experience
- MS Office Applications
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and/or 2008
- Successful candidate will be a self-starter with sound systems troubleshooting skills and the ability to follow-through on problem resolution.
- Candidate must have the ability to multi-task in a demanding environment and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.