Nurse Practitioner - Pain Management - PRN (1019) Cleveland, Ohio
Certifications may include: acute care, adult, family, gerontology, psych and mental health, neonatology,pediatrics and women's health.
* Assess health status by obtaining relevant health and medical history.
* Performs a physical exam based upon the age and patient history as per the Standard Care Arrangement with a collaborating physician.
* Identifies significant health and medical risk factors.
* Orders, interprets and evaluates laboratory test and other diagnostic studies to assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
* Develops a diagnosis by analyzing and synthesizing collected data.
* In collaboration with the physician, develops a treatment plan along with the patient and significant others.
* Performs diagnostic or therapeutic interventions consistent with certification, law and privileges.
* May prescribe and monitor medications as allowed by prescriptive authority through Ohio Board of Nursing and policy.
* Develops patient education plan.
* Participates in medical team rounds; collaborates with nursing, medical and other healthcare team members regularly to ensure quality patient care.
* May perform admission history & physical, document progress notes, prepare discharge summaries as required.
* Assists with and facilitates discharge planning.
* Other duties as assigned.