Credit Analyst - Financial Institutions (93903BR) Stamford, Connecticut
We are looking for an individual to serve as a Credit Analyst on the North America Financial Institutions team. This unit is responsible for supervising credit relationships throughout UBS with North America-based banks, securities firms, GSEs, and clearinghouses. Product focus includes FX, derivatives, securities financing, repos/reverse repos, and structured transactions.
A CRC Financial Institutions team Credit Analyst will:
- Evaluate counterparty credit risk based on an understanding of the company’s financial condition, quality of management, and other factors.
- Interact with traders and support staff in order to determine trading requirements and identify transactional risks.
- Prepare written counterparty annual reviews/credit proposals for submission to management, providing recommendations on appropriate trading limits and guidelines governing trading activities based on assessment of the counterparty’s risk profile.
- Visit counterparties pursuant to periodic due diligence calls.
- Verify the integrity of data in credit and other systems.
- Liaise with front office and support staff to resolve limit violations.
- Participate in negotiations of trading documentation, where applicable.
- Identify trends and developments in the US and Canadian securities and banking industries.
- Perform ad hoc special project work.
- Four year bachelor's degree or international equivalent
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel in a Windows environment
We are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The candidate must be a self-starter, comfortable working both independently and closely with others, as needed, and have strong analytical skills. Some knowledge of the financial markets, securities and banking industries, and trading products would be helpful.