Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer Summary:
Signature Consultants is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to work on a contract to hire position with one of our clients located in Greenwood Village, FL. The Senior Network Engineer must have advanced, senior-level knowledge of MPLS, Private Lines, BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, HSRP/VRRP, Cisco routers and datacenter-switches, F5 LTM/GTM load-balancers, Juniper FWs, Brocade & Cisco access-switches, Unix/Linux and Microsoft server connectivity, Gigabit and Ethernet deployments and the design and troubleshooting of cabling systems, including fiber optic and CAT 5 and 6 cabling. He or she will perform network architecture reviews, develop detailed implementation plans and detailed engineering packages for site implementations.
- Assist in network planning, engineering, troubleshoot and install computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of EVPS' IT infrastructure
- Install hardware and software, troubleshoot, configure and support client server based applications
- Support users by ensuring availability of communications; resolving user data communications problems, performing complex configuration and maintaining multi-protocol enterprise network equipment
- Conduct analysis and correction of technical problems for data communications equipment
- Evaluate existing network systems, assist in providing technical advice to end-users, and answer questions to problems related to network services
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required
- Install, upgrade, and configure network routers, switches, security appliances (firewall and intrusion detection appliances), and software on servers and appliances
- Provide second and third level network technical support
- Use network tools for proactive management of the physical and logical network
- Respond to needs and questions of users concerning their network access of resources
- Establish network users, user environment, directories, and security for networks being installed
- Monitor and control the performance and status of the network systems.
- Coordinate with vendors involved in providing communications activities. Utilize test equipment and network management components in the analysis and correction of technical problems for data communications equipment
- Coordinate the replacement of old communications cables in accordance with FCC and National Fire Code regulations and procedures
- Assist in the planning of new systems and evaluation of existing network systems
- Assist in providing technical advice to end-users and answering questions on problems related to network services
- Monitor data communications network to ensure that the network is available to all system users, and resolving data communications problems
- Solid LAN/WAN routing/switching
- Cisco routers and datacenter Nexus switches
- Cisco Nexus FCoE
- Juniper FWs must
- Aruba Wireless
- Riverbed APM
- MPLS/BGP WAN
- VPN (S2S & RA)
- Riverbed APM is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University in the field of computer science and 8 or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One or more industry certifications a plus
- 8+ years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, FWs, LBs, etc.
- Senior level Experience required in network design, deployment and troubleshooting
- Senior level Experience working with vendors to provision communications circuits
- Senior level Experience deploying and configuring IPSec VPNs
- Senior level Experience with network security infrastructure such as; firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, security event monitoring, and web content filtering
- Experience designing and deploying FCoE infrastructure in a non-UCS environment
- Experience designing and deploying wireless technology (802.11)
- Experience designing and deploying Riverbed APM
- Be capable of giving a summary report after reading a large number of engineering documents
- Possess good research and consulting skills, and be capable of leading meetings and giving presentations to customers
- Good documentation skills are a must
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the eighth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 26 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients’ technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.
To apply for this job, please complete the following 6 fields and we will immediately follow-up (* = required).
Signature Consultants is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities according to state and federal disability discrimination laws. If, because of a disability, you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-838-1020. Signature Consultants will partner with you in good faith to identify and implement a reasonable accommodation, if any, that is appropriate and consistent with its legal obligations.
Signature Consultants is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
EEO is the law: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf