Senior Manager, Physician Targeted Media, Primary Care BU (982420) New York, New York
Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That’s why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
The Media Team is responsible for maximizing the value of Pfizer’s media investments across all our biopharmaceutical business units. The team is focused on brand media strategies, media negotiations, digital innovation, agency management, and understanding the evolving media landscape.
The Senior Manager position will focus on HCP media planning and buying across all traditional, digital and search media. This experienced media professional will be responsible for partnering with brand teams and our media agency-of-record to develop media strategies that will achieve brand goals, while also achieving broader portfolio goals of media savings, agency effectiveness and digital innovation.
• Apply HCP media expertise from strategy to execution
• Balance leading HCP media on several key brands while consulting across all other brands
• Proactively monitor and evaluate HCP media landscape for new, unique and viable digital opportunities to apply to brand media plans
• Provide portfolio learning on digital performance and best practices to inform media decisions
• Lead media AOR: staffing levels, fee, performance
• Evolve HCP media training content for on-boarding and training of brand marketers
• Develop Pfizer negotiation goals and strategies to fully leverage Pfizer media investments for savings, increased quality of buys, compliance and innovation
• Build and maintain effective relationships with key media vendors to achieve Pfizer goals
• Manage on-going reporting of HCP media spend by business unit and brand; facilitate accurate invoicing processes
• Role includes being part of team responsible for all media (DTC & HCP) and partnering with colleagues on media innovation (especially digital)
• Position is based in NYC; some travel required for brands based in Collegeville, PA and Peapack, NJ.
• Media planning/buying expertise across all HCP media channels (print, digital, mobile,search)
• Proven ability to lead agency teams (as agency lead or client lead)
• Media negotiation skills; track record of media negotiation results
• Knowledge of media research resources and ability to develop actionable insights
• Experience gleaning insights, developing benchmarks, and informing decision-making from digital and search metrics/analytics
• Ability to navigate complex, multiple stakeholder environment across business units
• Strong strategic, analytical and communication skills
• HCP media experience across a variety of categories/specialties
• 7+ years of media experience at agency or client required
• Bachelor’s degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pfizer in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pfizer to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pfizer and the specific job and/or work site. Pfizer may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pfizer's support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pfizer.