Senior Director of Finance (5910) San Diego, California
Finance and strategic planning for financial initiatives and drive the success and development of both the analytics and accounting teams!
• In-depth analysis and accounting management.
• Collaborate with multiple team members within a multi-channel retail environment.
• Analyzing and interpreting statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other financial matters which bear on the operating effectiveness across both the retail and direct channels.
• Monitoring and analyzing retail store and fulfillment center inventory levels in partnership with the Demand Planning team.
• Collaborating with Directors and other key team members to ensure a financial perspective is brought to major decision-making activities.
• Developing the skills of the analytics and accounting team members through training and development opportunities and inspiring and motivating them to go above and beyond.
• Working with retail management to ensure understanding of the audit process.
• Working in partnership with the financial team to perform audits of the company’s financial systems.
• Reviewing and issuing flash reports, monthly financial reports and annual budget.
Extremely important for this role:
•People/Leadership experience and Retail experience
•Retail Audit & Loss Prevention
• Strong analytics is a must-have!
• Bachelors degree in a Financial or Business related field from a four-year college or university plus a minimum of 10 years related experience; or equivalent combination of both education and experience will also be considered. MBA or Masters degree preferred!
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong auditing and analyst experience.
• Certified CPA and experience in inventory management a PLUS!
• To hold team members accountable for their actions and at times, make tough decisions that are in the best interest of the organization.
• To demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member.
• To operate in a self-managed manner and contribute to the overall goals of the Financial Management team and the Company.
• To demonstrate the ability to manage changing priorities and be open and willing to adapt to change by being flexible, cooperative and professional.
• Strong organizational, analytics and problem solving skills.